Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lunch Lady Land

This week is the last week of our 1st quarter of the school year. It's been a pretty busy week so far, but I've got my grades pretty much finished so the workload for the week is just somewhat above average. My principal is gone to Anchorage for some training, so that's adding some extra duties to my normal day. One of these duties is being the lunch lady for the 6-12 graders (hoagies and grinders, hoagies and grinders, navy beans navy beans...meat loaf sandwich). It's not too big of a deal, I just have to get everything out for the school lunch program in the morning and then serve lunch/be the lunch supervisor. I'm also cat-sitting for my principal while she's gone which is no problem at all. Her cat's name is Cosmo, and he's a very mild-mannered, rather lethargic animal that's easy to deal with.

The village life is pretty good lately; it is getting colder and there's probably 10 inches of snow on the ground. The other morning when I walked to the school it was 0 degrees outside! When I went for my walk on Sunday to take pictures, it was about 5 degrees outside but it really didn't seem too cold.

My Junior High Basketball Team is improving by the day. Our first tournament is October 24 in Nulato and I'm a little fearful that we're not going to be ready for it. We're running a pretty easy offense and my team will undoubtedly try their hardest.

Well I suppose I'm going to finish watching The Pursuit of Happiness and go to bed, I've got to get up early so I can count out corn dogs and find some cans of Mandarin Oranges...HA...that's funny sounding, but it's not a joke. : )

Peace & Love

No comments: