Today was a delightful Monday; classes went well, we had our first actual basketball practice, and the evening tutoring session went off without a hitch. My days are going to be long from now until the end of the high school basketball season. Monday through Thursday I have school from 8:00 to 3:30, practice from 3:30 to 5:00 or 5:15, and tutoring from 5:30 to 7:00. Needless to say, Fridays are going to be awesome.
I last posted on Friday, but have been pretty busy since then. On Saturday night, I got to play in the women vs. the 40 and over men basketball game and it was great. It was a really good time because it wasn't taken so seriously and the players were just out to have fun. The 40 and overs and I ended up losing by four points.
This Sunday was a particularly productive day as far as my Sundays go. I woke up around 10:30 (not the productive part) and began working in my house right away. I finally finished hanging my curtains and also hung up a tapestry to create a partition between my living room and reading area (pictured below). Then I set up my AeroGarden, which is an indoor garden used for growing small crops. In six to eight weeks I will have some awesome fresh herbs to cook with....and after that it's on to Cherry Tomatoes. Once I had finished my gardening time, I completed what was left of my weekend cleaning and then sat down to check the incredibly important fantasy football scores (I lost this weekend but still made the playoffs....YES!). Sunday was also great because it was the first clear day we've had in about four or five days; because of this I decided that I would hike to the top of the hill (which is about two miles away) to take some beautiful sunset photos. Bubbling with energy and excited about the sunset, I got all my gear on (it was -17) and marched outside around 1:45 (yes, I left to go take sunset pictures at 1:45 in the afternoon). The walk was exhilarating, I stopped several times in the first mile and took some pretty nice scenic photos. I continued across town and got to the hill, by this time I noticed my eyes feeling kind of funny; this was due to the fact that they were watering and the moisture from my eyes was actually freezing on my eyelashes! This was the first time I've ever had the joy of my eyelashes being froze together and my eyes beginning to freeze up a little. Moving on...I finally got to the top of the hill and witnessed yet another breathtaking Arctic Circle sunset; I pulled out the camera and soon realized that the camera had gotten so cold on the walk that it would not even turn on, in fact, it didn't turn on again until about six hours after I returned from my walk! Trust me, the sunset was more than amazing; it was an incredible blend of bright yellows, oranges, pinks, and purples that mixed perfectly with the far more than frozen Arctic air. With every second that ticked by, it seemed like the colors intensified and became spectacularly more visually appealing. The walk back was cold and began to get dark, but I was warm the whole way. On the return trip I sensed this glowing feeling that encapsulated me and I felt this noticeable difference all the way home. After reflecting on it for awhile, I kept coming back to the haunting notion that the outstanding sunset that I witnessed had somehow left a lasting impression on me. Needless to say.....it was a great walk.
Hope things are great for everyone.
Peace and Love
Nicholas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment